3D Scanners are devices that digitally captures the shape of physical objects and transform into 3D digital models. It transforms physical objects exact size and shape into the computer as a 3D file. It is commonly used in engineering, manufacturing, development, and testing. With a 3D scanner, you can print out the 3D model of a physical object.
There are different types of 3D scanners. We are going to have a look at the top 5 best 3D scanners so you know the best to buy.
1. 3D Systems iSense 3D Scanner for iPad 4G
This is an easy to use innovative scanner. It allows you to make 3D scanning with your iPhone or iPad. Its integrated design makes it easy to capture objects in 3D with your iPad or iPhone. It transforms your iPad and iPhone into a 3D scanner. It is very easy to move about and you can scan interesting and memorable moments with your family and friends and print out in 3D.
- Automatic object recognition.
- Quick and easy editing
- Long battery life up to 4 hours
- Easy to move about.
- 1-year warranty.
Cost: INR 12, 542.
2. XYZprinting 3D Scanner Intel RealSense Technology
This 3D scanner has an Intel RealSense technology that provides great reliability and accuracy. It is suitable for smaller objects as the Intel RealSense is a front user-facing 3D camera. It has 3 Scan modes that ensure best results to produce 3D objects.
- It has 3 scan modes which include the head, object and body scanning modes.
- It has an Intel RealSense technology for accuracy.
- It is easy to use.
Not very good for large or big objects.
Cost: INR 29,999
3. Sense 3D Scanner
Sense 3D scanner is easy to use, fast and portable 3D scanner. It is a hand-held scanner which you need to hold in your hand and then move around the object to scan it. The scanner beams a projected infrared pattern on to the object from the bottom opening which is detected by its middle webcam. It offers full-color 3D scanning.
- It delivers best-in-class accuracy of about 1mm with a resolution of 1mm.
- It has a wide scan range between 7 to 72 inches.
- It has a high color resolution of 1920 to 1080 pixels.
- It includes software for rapid editing.
- It is quite expensive.
- Not very good for small objects.
Cost: INR 54,999
4. MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
This is a 3D scanner with fast scanning abilities. It can be used to scan objects and then edit, improve, share or print out 3D objects with just two clicks. It is easy to use and scan objects with approximately 12 minutes.
- Ability to digitize objects up to 8 inches in diameter and 8 inches in height with a weight of up to 3kg.
- It includes a software to create clean, watertight 3D models with only two clicks.
- It takes about 12 minutes to complete scan.
- It is very expensive
Cost: INR 124,454
5. Generic Desktop Portable 3D Scanner LY-SCAN 3D Three-Dimensional Laser
This is an advanced non-contact rotary dual laser scanner. It has a scan range of 200mm in diameter and 250mm in height. It scans the object as the object rotates on its rotary table.
- It has dual laser scanning ability.
- It has a high-density scan of single laser of 800 profile and dual laser of 1600 profile.
- It has double bright LED lighting.
- Multi-angle merge.
- Measurement function.
- Very expensive
Cost: INR 180,987.33
These are the top best scanners available for you to choose from.